Welcome To Plathville is a reality TV show that follows the lives of the Plath family, a conservative Christian family with nine children who live in rural Georgia. The show has been aired on TLC since 2019 and has gained much attention for portraying the family’s strict rules, religious beliefs, and conflicts with the outside world. The show also features the oldest son Ethan and his wife Olivia, who have a more liberal lifestyle and have clashed with Ethan’s parents over their choices.
The show has completed four seasons so far, with the latest one ending in August 2022. The fourth season showed significant changes in the family dynamics, such as Kim and Barry’s separation, Micah and Moriah’s independence, Lydia’s dating life, and Ethan and Olivia’s reconciliation. Fans are eager to know what will happen next in the lives of the Plaths and whether they will return for another season. Here is everything we know so far about Welcome To Plathville Season 5.
Will there be a Welcome To Plathville Season 5?
Currently, TLC has yet to officially renew or cancel Welcome To Plathville for a fifth season. But, A fan claims that Welcome To Plathville season 5 is filming in their neighborhood, and it’s proof that TLC has greenlit another season of the show, according to Screenrant. The show has a loyal fan base invested in the Plath family’s story and wants to see more of their struggles and triumphs. The show also has much potential for drama and drama-filled storylines, as there are many unresolved issues and conflicts among the family members.
Moreover, some cast members have hinted at the possibility of a fifth season on social media. For instance, Ethan Plath posted a picture on Instagram in January 2023 with his father, Barry, and some of his siblings, captioning it “Went down to Georgia saw my Dad and siblings. So good to see them.” This could indicate that he was filming for the show or maintaining contact with his family. Similarly, Moriah Plath posted a picture on Instagram in February 2023 with her boyfriend Max Kallschmidt, writing, “I love you more than words can say… can’t wait to see what this year holds for us.” This could suggest that she is still in a relationship with Max and that they might appear on the show again.
How Many Seasons Does Welcome To Plathville Have?
Welcome To Plathville has four seasons so far, each consisting of six to ten episodes. The first season premiered on November 5, 2019, introducing viewers to the Plath family and their unconventional lifestyle. The second season premiered on November 10, 2020. It focused on the growing rifts between Ethan and Olivia and Kim and Barry, as well as Micah and Moriah’s exploration of the outside world. The third season premiered on August 25, 2021. It showed Kim and Barry’s attempts to reconnect with their estranged children, Lydia’s blossoming romance with a boy named Branson, and Micah and Moriah’s career aspirations. The fourth season premiered on June 8, 2022, revealing Kim and Barry’s shocking separation, Ethan and Olivia’s therapy sessions, Micah’s modeling gigs, Moriah’s music dreams, Lydia’s heartbreak, and Isaac’s rebellion.
What is the Ending of Welcome To Plathville?
The fourth season of Welcome to Plathville ended with a shocking twist: Kim and Barry Plath announced they were separating after 25 years of marriage. The couple, who had been living on a farm in rural Georgia with their seven youngest children, decided to call it quits after facing many issues in their relationship. Some of the reasons for their split included Kim’s drinking problem, Barry’s lack of support, and their disagreements over how to raise their children. The separation also affected their children, who were divided over their loyalty and feelings toward their parents.
The season finale also showed how some older Plath children were coping with their own lives and challenges. Ethan and Olivia Plath, who had cut off contact with Kim and Barry in the previous season, moved from Florida to Minnesota to start a new chapter in their lives. The couple also visited their hometown and reunited with some siblings, including Micah Plath, Moriah Plath, and Lydia Plath. Micah and Moriah, who had moved out of their parent’s house in the second season, continued to pursue their dreams and passions. Micah became a successful model and actor, while Moriah released her music album and became engaged to her boyfriend, Max Kallschmidt. Lydia, who remained loyal to her parents and their beliefs, struggled to balance her faith and feelings for her boyfriend, Ross Gilbert.
Is Welcome To Plathville coming back in 2023?
TLC has not officially confirmed or denied whether Welcome to Plathville will be renewed for a fifth season. However, given the popularity and ratings of the show, it is likely that the network will bring back the show for another season. The show has a loyal fan base that is eager to see more of the Plath family’s drama and developments. The show also has a lot of potential for new storylines and twists, especially after the shocking separation of Kim and Barry Plath.
Welcome To Plathville Season 5 Release Date: Speculation!
If TLC decides to renew Welcome to Plathville for a fifth season, the show may return sometime in late 2023 or early 2024. The show’s previous seasons have followed a similar pattern of airing in November or December of each year. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on production schedules, there might be delays or changes in the release date of the fifth season.
Welcome To Plathville Season 5 Plot: What’s next?
The fifth season of Welcome to Plathville will likely continue to follow the lives of the Plath family members as they deal with the aftermath of Kim and Barry’s separation. The season will also explore how the separation affects their relationships with each other and with other people. Fans can expect to see more drama, conflict, romance, and growth among the family members as they navigate their own paths and choices.
Some of the possible plot points for the fifth season include:
- How Kim and Barry cope with living apart and co-parenting their children.
- How Ethan and Olivia adjust to their new life in Minnesota and whether they reconnect with Kim and Barry.
- How Micah and Moriah balance their careers and personal lives.
- How Moriah plans her wedding with Max.
- How Lydia deals with her feelings for Ross and her faith.
- How Isaac, Amber, Cassia, and Mercy react to their parents’ separation and whether they rebel or conform.
- How Hosanna Plath, who is not featured on the show but is married to Timothy Noble and lives in Ohio, fits into the family dynamic.
Welcome To Plathville Season 5 Cast: Who’s in it?
According to various sources and social media posts, Welcome To Plathville Season 5 is filming and will feature most original cast members. However, some cast members may have less screen time or may not appear at all due to personal reasons or conflicts with other cast members.
The cast members who are expected to return for season 5 are:
- Kim Plath: The matriarch of the Plath family, who is going through a divorce from Barry after 25 years of marriage. She is also dealing with the fallout of her DUI arrest in October 2022 and her estrangement from some of her children.
- Barry Plath: is the patriarch of the Plath family, trying to cope with his separation from Kim and his new role as a single father. He is also trying to mend his relationship with his children and support them in their endeavors.
- Ethan Plath: is Kim and Barry’s oldest son, who is married to Olivia. He is working on his marriage and his mental health after years of trauma and abuse from his parents. He is also pursuing his passion for cars and mechanics.
- Olivia Plath: Ethan’s wife is a photographer and travel enthusiast. She supports Ethan in his healing journey and stands up for herself against Kim and Barry. She is also exploring her own identity and interests after leaving her conservative upbringing.
- Moriah Plath: The second daughter of Kim and Barry, who is a singer and a songwriter. She is recovering from her breakup with Max Kallschmidt and focusing on her music career. She is also living on her own and enjoying her freedom and independence.
- Micah Plath: Kim and Barry’s second son, a model and fitness instructor. He is continuing his modeling career and working on his physique. He also dates Lexi Marie, a fellow model who appeared on season 4.
- Lydia Plath: is Kim and Barry’s third daughter, a devout Christian and homemaker. She is helping her father with the household chores and caring for her younger siblings. She also dates Will Robertson, a young man who shares her faith and values.
- Isaac Plath: The third son of Kim and Barry, who is a teenager and a student. He is attending public school for the first time after being homeschooled by his parents. He is also learning new skills and hobbies, such as playing guitar and skateboarding.
- Amber Plath: is Kim and Barry’s oldest daughter, who is married to Dan Keilen. She is expecting her first child with Dan in April 2023. She is also reconnecting with her siblings after being away from them for several years.
Welcome To Plathville Season 5 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
No, there is no teaser or trailer for Welcome To Plathville Season 5, because it’s in the production now. You can watch the season 4 trailer, refresh your memory, and see what to expect in season 5.
Where can to Watch Welcome To Plathville?
You can stream the show on Amazon Prime Video, Philo, FuboTV, and DIRECTV Stream.
Similar Shows Like Welcome To Plathville
If you love Welcome To Plathville and want to watch more shows that feature families with unconventional lifestyles or beliefs, here are some similar shows that you might enjoy:
- Counting On: This show is a spin-off of 19 Kids and Counting, and follows the lives of the older Duggar children as they get married and start their own families. The show also features their parents, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, who have strict religious beliefs and rules for their children.
- Outdaughtered: This show follows the Busby family with six daughters, including quintuplets. The show documents their daily challenges and joys as they raise their girls in Texas.
- Sister Wives: This show follows the polygamous family of Kody Brown, who has four wives and 18 children. The show explores their relationships, struggles, and beliefs as they live in Arizona.