Upload, the sci-fi comedy-drama series created by Greg Daniels. You might be wondering when the third season will be released, what will happen next, and who will be in it. Well, you’re in luck, because we have all the answers for you. Here’s everything we know so far about Upload Season 3.
How Many Seasons Does Upload Have?
Upload has two seasons so far, each with 10 episodes. The first season premiered on May 1, 2020, on Amazon Prime Video and was renewed for a second season shortly after. The second season premiered on March 11, 2022, and had seven episodes, three fewer than the first. In May 2022, the series was renewed for a third season.
What is the Ending of Upload?
Upload follows the adventures of Nathan Brown, a computer programmer who dies in a car crash and is uploaded to a virtual afterlife called Lakeview. There, he meets Nora Antony, his customer service representative or “angel”, who helps him adjust to his new life. Along the way, they uncover a conspiracy involving Nathan’s death and his former company.
The second season ended with a cliffhanger, as Nathan and Nora finally confessed their love for each other and decided to escape Lakeview together. However, they were intercepted by Ingrid Kannerman, Nathan’s ex-girlfriend who had uploaded herself to be with him. Ingrid revealed that she had hacked Nathan’s account and deleted all his memories of Nora. She then forced him to choose between staying with her or being permanently erased. Meanwhile, Nora was captured by Lionel Winters, a mysterious professor who had been tracking her down.
Is Upload coming back in 2023?
Yes, Upload Season 3 is coming back in 2023. Amazon Prime Video announced the renewal of the series in May 2022, saying that they were “thrilled” to continue working with Greg Daniels and the cast. The exact release date has not been revealed yet, but we can expect it to be sometime in the first half of 2023.
Why was Upload Season 3 canceled?
Upload Season 3 was not canceled. It was renewed by Amazon Prime Video in May 2022 and is expected to premiere in 2023.
Upload Season 3 Release Date: Speculation!
As mentioned above, Upload Season 3 does not have an official release date yet. However, based on the previous seasons’ schedules, we can speculate that it will be sometime in early 2023. The first season premiered on May 1, 2020, while the second season premiered on March 11, 2022. Assuming that the production of the third season will take about a year or less, we can expect it to be ready by the spring or summer of 2023.
Upload Season 3 Plot: What’s next?
Upload Season 3 will likely pick up where the second season left off, with Nathan facing a dilemma between Ingrid and Nora. Will he choose to stay with Ingrid and lose his memories of Nora? Or will he risk being erased and trying to find Nora again? And what will happen to Nora in the hands of Lionel Winters? What does he want from her? And how will they expose the truth behind Nathan’s death and his former company?
Upload Season 3 will also explore more of the virtual afterlife world and its implications for humanity. How will Lakeview evolve with new updates and features? How will other afterlives compete with it? How will the living cope with the loss of their loved ones who have uploaded? And what ethical and moral dilemmas will arise from this technology?
Upload Season 3 Cast: Who’s in it?
Upload Season 3 will likely bring back most of the main cast from the previous seasons. This includes:
- Robbie Amell as Nathan Brown, a computer programmer who died in a car crash and was uploaded to Lakeview, a luxurious virtual heaven.
- Andy Allo as Nora Antony, Nathan’s customer service rep (or “angel”) who works for Horizen, the company that runs Lakeview.
- Allegra Edwards as Ingrid Kannerman, Nathan’s wealthy and clingy girlfriend who also uploaded herself to Lakeview.
- Zainab Johnson as Aleesha, Nora’s coworker and friend who is Luke’s angel.
- Kevin Bigley as Luke, a former army corporal and Nathan’s best friend in Lakeview.
- Josh Banday as Ivan, Nora’s coworker who has a crush on her.
- Jordan Johnson-Hinds as Jamie, Nathan’s best friend and business partner in the real world.
- Chris Williams as Dave Antony, Nora’s father suffers from lung cancer and refuses to upload.
- Jessica Tuck as Viv, Nathan’s mother who wants him to move to a cheaper afterlife.
- William B. Davis as David Choak, a rich and powerful man who lives in Lakeview and has a mysterious connection to Nathan’s death.
Where can to Watch Upload?
You can watch Upload Season 3 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. The first two seasons are also available to stream on the same platform. If you don’t have a Prime membership, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and binge-watch the show before it expires.
Upload Season 3 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
There is no official trailer for Upload Season 3 yet, but we expect one to drop closer to the release date. In the meantime, you can watch the trailers for the first two seasons on YouTube or Amazon Prime Video.
Will there be an Upload Season 4?
It’s too early to say if there will be an Upload Season 4. The renewal of the series depends on several factors, such as the ratings, the reviews, and the creative vision of the showrunner. However, given the popularity and critical acclaim of the series so far, we can hope that Amazon Prime Video will give it another chance.
Similar Shows Like Upload
If you love Upload and want more shows like it, here are some recommendations:
- The Good Place: A comedy about four people who end up in a quirky afterlife where they have to learn how to be good.
- Black Mirror: A sci-fi anthology series that explores the dark and twisted consequences of technology and human nature.
- Made for Love: A comedy-drama about a woman who escapes from her controlling husband who implanted a chip in her brain that allows him to track her every move
- Russian Doll: A comedy-drama about a woman who keeps dying and reliving the same night over and over again.
- Future Man: A comedy about a janitor who is recruited by two warriors from the future to save the world from an evil scientist.