Are you ready for some exciting news about one of the most thrilling and heartwarming shows of all time? Yes, I’m talking about School Live, the anime that combines cute girls, slice of life, and zombies in a perfect blend of horror and comedy. If you haven’t watched this masterpiece yet, what are you waiting for? Go binge it right now and come back to this article later. I’ll wait.
Done? Good. Now, let me tell you everything we know so far about School Live Season 2, the highly anticipated sequel that will surely blow your mind with more twists and turns than you can handle. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this!
School Live Season 2 Plot: What’s next?
As you may recall, the first season of School Live ended on a cliffhanger, with Yuki and her friends leaving their beloved school after discovering a secret underground facility and a mysterious message from another survivor. The final episode also hinted at some new characters and locations that could be explored in the second season.
So, what can we expect from School Live Season 2? Well, according to the manga, which is the original source material for the anime, the plot will get even darker and more complex as the girls face new challenges and enemies in their quest for survival. They will also learn more about the origins of the zombie outbreak and the true nature of their club advisor, Megumi Sakura.
Without spoiling too much, let me just say that School Live Season 2 will have some shocking revelations, heartbreaking deaths, and epic battles that will keep you on the edge of your seat. You will also see more of Yuki’s growth as she gradually accepts reality and becomes more mature and reliable. Of course, there will also be some cute and funny moments to balance out the horror and drama, so don’t worry.
School Live Season 2 Cast: Who’s in it?
The main cast of School Live Season 2 will consist of the same four girls who stole our hearts in the first season:
- Yuki Takeya (voiced by Inori Minase), the cheerful and optimistic leader of the School Living Club who suffers from delusions due to a mental breakdown caused by the zombie apocalypse.
- Kurumi Ebisuzawa (voiced by Ari Ozawa), the athletic and brave member of the club who wields a shovel as her weapon of choice against zombies.
- Yūri Wakasa (voiced by Mao Ichimichi), the calm and caring president of the club who acts as a big sister figure to the others.
- Miki Naoki (voiced by Rie Takahashi), the smart and resourceful member of the club who joined later after being rescued from a mall by Yuki and Kurumi.
In addition to these four main characters, School Live Season 2 will also introduce some new characters who will play important roles in the story. Some of them are:
- Tarōmaru (voiced by Emiri Katō), a cute dog who becomes the mascot of the club after being adopted by Yuki.
- Kei Shidō (voiced by Juri Kimura), Miki’s best friend who left her behind at the mall to search for other survivors.
- Ayaka Kamiji (voiced by Ai Kayano), a mysterious girl who lives alone in an abandoned amusement park.
- Aki Hikarizato (voiced by Aya Uchida), a former student council president who leads a group of survivors at a university.
- Touko Deguchi (voiced by Mikako Komatsu), a former teacher who works with Aki at the university.
Will there be School Live Season 2?
Now, you may be wondering: will there be School Live Season 2? Is it confirmed or not? Well, unfortunately, there is no official announcement yet about School Live Season 2. The first season aired back in 2015 and since then, there has been no word from the studio or the creators about a possible continuation.
However, that doesn’t mean that all hope is lost. There are still some reasons to believe that School Live Season 2 could happen someday. For one thing, the manga is still ongoing and has enough material for another season or more. In fact, a sequel manga titled Gakkou Gurashi! ~Otayori~ started serialization in June 2020 and is still running as of August 2021.
Another reason to be optimistic is that School Live is a popular and well-received anime that has a loyal fan base and a strong demand for more. The anime has a high rating of 8.2 out of 10 on MyAnimeList and a positive reception from critics and viewers alike. The anime also spawned a live-action film adaptation that was released in January 2019, which shows that there is still interest in the franchise.
So, while there is no official confirmation yet, there is still a chance that School Live Season 2 could be greenlit in the future. It may take some time, but we can always hope and pray that the studio and the creators will listen to our pleas and give us more of this amazing anime.
School Live Season 2 Release Date: Speculation!
Assuming that School Live Season 2 does get announced someday, when can we expect it to air? Well, that’s hard to say for sure, since it depends on many factors such as the production schedule, the availability of the staff and cast, and the market conditions. However, we can try to make some educated guesses based on some clues and patterns.
First of all, let’s look at the gap between the manga and the anime. The manga started serialization in May 2012 and the anime aired in July 2015, which means that there was a gap of about three years between them. The manga ended in November 2019 and the sequel manga started in June 2020, which means that there was a gap of about seven months between them.
If we follow these gaps, we can estimate that School Live Season 2 could be announced around three years after the end of the manga, which would be around November 2022. Then, it could take another seven months or more for the anime to be produced and aired, which would be in 2023 or later.
Of course, these are just rough estimates and they could be wrong or change depending on various circumstances. But for now, let’s just hope that School Live Season 2 will be announced soon and that we won’t have to wait too long to see it.
School Live Season 2 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
Unfortunately, there is no trailer or teaser for School Live Season 2 yet, since the anime has not been announced yet. However, you can always rewatch the trailer for the first season to refresh your memory and get hyped for the potential sequel. You can also check out the trailer for the live-action film adaptation if you are curious about how it looks.
Similar Shows Like School Live
If you are looking for some similar shows like School Live that can satisfy your cravings for horror, comedy, and cute girls, here are some recommendations that you might enjoy:
- Higurashi: When They Cry – A horror mystery anime that follows a group of friends who live in a seemingly peaceful rural village that hides a dark secret.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica – A dark fantasy anime that subverts the magical girl genre by showing the grim reality behind making a contract with a mysterious creature.
- Highschool of the Dead – A horror action anime that depicts the survival of a group of high school students during a zombie apocalypse.
- Angel Beats! – A comedy drama anime that revolves around a group of deceased teenagers who fight against God in an afterlife school.
- Doki Doki Literature Club! – A psychological horror visual novel game that masquerades as a cute dating sim with four adorable girls.