The enthralling historical drama exploring the birth of the Special Air Service (SAS) during World War II’s Western Desert Campaign, follows young officer David Stirling’s unwavering quest to assemble an elite team for covert operations behind enemy lines.
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Renewal
The future of this wartime drama was tantalizingly confirmed with a “to be continued” note at the conclusion of the inaugural season. The historical context offers an abundance of unexplored territory, and fans can rest assured that the journey will continue.
Creator Steven Knight, the visionary behind the series and Peaky Blinders, expressed his enthusiasm for the upcoming chapter: “After the roaring success of Rogue Heroes, I’m delighted to be embarking on the next chapter of the story. Series two will take the SAS into mainland Europe, pushing our heroes to their very limits.”
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Release Date
Given that the production of the inaugural season began in March 2021 and wasn’t unveiled until October the following year, it’s quite plausible to expect that fresh episodes will grace our screens by late 2024. Anticipation is steadily mounting, and fans are eagerly looking forward to forthcoming updates.
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Potential Plot
The upcoming season is poised to transport us to mainland Europe, where the SAS will be tested to the limits of their endurance. But what could this actually entail?
One key element we anticipate delving into is David Stirling’s capture in January 1943. Known as ‘The Phantom Major’ by the Germans, Stirling spent the remainder of the war as a prisoner, making multiple escape attempts until he was transferred to the supposedly ‘escape-proof’ Colditz Castle.
With Stirling out of the picture, Paddy Mayne, often referred to as ‘The Legendary Paddy Mayne,’ stepped in as Commander of the 1st SAS. Mayne went on to become one of the most highly decorated soldiers of World War II.
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Cast
The cast of SAS Rogue Heroes has been nothing short of exceptional, and we can expect the return of several prominent actors for season 2. Here’s a glimpse of the expected cast:
- Connor Swindells (“Sex Education”, “Barbie“) as David Stirling
- Jack O’Connell (“Unbroken”, “Skins”) as Paddy Mayne
- Dominic West (“The Wire”, “The Affair”) as Dudley Clarke
- Tom Glynn-Carney (“Dunkirk”, “The King”) as Mike Sadler
- Theo Barklem-Biggs (“Kingsman: The Secret Service”) as Reg Seekings
- Jacob Ifan (“Bang”, “Cuffs”) as Pat Riley
- Bobby Schofield (“Black Sea”, “Our World War”) as Dave Kershaw
In the upcoming season, Alfie Allen (“Game of Thrones”, “John Wick”), known for his role as Jock Lewes, will be absent after his character’s death when his plane was shot down during a daring raid. The fate of Sofia Boutella’s (“Kingsman: The Secret Service”, “Atomic Blonde”) character, Eve Mansour, remains uncertain as her plane crashed, and her body was never found.
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Trailer
As we eagerly await more updates on SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2, the release of a trailer remains on hold. In the meantime, here’s the trailer for the previous season of SAS Rogue Heroes:
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Where to Watch?
For those eager to catch up on the previous season or stay up-to-date with season 2, SAS Rogue Heroes is available for streaming on BBC iPlayer.
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2: Similar Shows
In the meanwhile, while you wait for the next season or if you’re seeking shows of a similar tone and plot, here are three handpicked recommendations by The Washington Dispatch:
- Band of Brothers: This epic miniseries chronicles the journey of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, from training through to their participation in several major battles during World War II.
- The Pacific: A companion piece to Band of Brothers, this series focuses on the experiences of three Marines in the Pacific Theater of World War II, offering a compelling and gritty portrayal of the conflict.
- Generation Kill: Based on the book by Rolling Stone journalist Evan Wright, this series provides a raw and authentic depiction of the early stages of the Iraq War, as seen through the eyes of a group of U.S. Marines.
In conclusion, SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2 is an eagerly anticipated chapter in the series, promising viewers more intense and riveting historical drama.
With a stellar cast and a storyline that ventures into uncharted territory, it’s bound to be a season that leaves fans on the edge of their seats.