Recipes for Love and Murder, the new series based on the best-selling books by Sally Andrew. The show follows Tannie Maria, a middle-aged widow who writes a recipe and advice column for a local newspaper in rural South Africa. Along with her friends and colleagues, she gets involved in solving murders that happen in her community, while also dealing with her own romantic troubles.
The first season of Recipes for Love and Murder premiered on Acorn TV on June 7, 2021, and consisted of six episodes. The show received positive reviews from critics and viewers, who praised its charming setting, diverse cast, and mouth-watering dishes. But what about the second season? Will we get to see more of Tannie Maria’s adventures? Here’s everything we know so far about Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2.
Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 Plot: What’s next?
The first season of Recipes for Love and Murder adapted the first book in the series, Recipes for Love and Murder: A Tannie Maria Mystery. The second season will likely follow the second book, The Satanic Mechanic: A Tannie Maria Mystery. In this book, Tannie Maria joins a counseling group led by a charismatic man named Ricus, who claims to be a healer. However, things take a dark turn when one of the group members is murdered, and Ricus becomes the prime suspect. Tannie Maria has to use her intuition and culinary skills to find out the truth, while also dealing with her complicated relationship with Detective Henk Kannemeyer.
Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 Cast: Who’s in it?
The cast of Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 will probably include the main actors from the first season, such as:
- Charmaine Weir-Smith as Tannie Maria
- James Gracie as Detective Henk Kannemeyer
- Denise Newman as Jessie Mostert
- Masasa Mbangeni as Hattie Makube
- Nandi Nyembe as Precious Ramotswe
- Andre Odendaal as Kobus van Wyk
- Jarrid Geduld as Ricus
Some new characters may also be introduced in the second season, depending on the plot and the source material.
Will there be Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2?
As of now, there is no official confirmation about the renewal or cancellation of Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2. However, considering the popularity and acclaim of the first season, there is a good chance that Acorn TV will greenlight another season of the show. Moreover, since there are three books in the series so far, there is enough material to continue the story. Therefore, we can expect to hear some good news about Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 soon.
Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 Release Date: Speculation!
If Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 is renewed by Acorn TV, it may take some time before it hits the screens. The production of the show may be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused delays and disruptions in the entertainment industry. Moreover, the show is filmed in South Africa, which may pose some logistical challenges. Therefore, we can only speculate that Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 may release sometime in late 2023 or early 2024.
Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
Unfortunately, there is no trailer or teaser for Recipes for Love and Murder Season 2 yet. However, you can watch the trailer for the first season below to refresh your memory or get a glimpse of what the show is about.
Similar Shows Like Recipes for Love and Murder
If you’re looking for more shows like Recipes for Love and Murder, you might want to check out these titles:
- Agatha Raisin: A humorous mystery series about a former PR executive who becomes an amateur sleuth in a small English village.
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency: A heartwarming series about a woman who runs a detective agency in Botswana with her quirky staff.
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries: A stylish series about a glamorous lady detective who solves crimes in 1920s Melbourne.
- Balthazar: A thrilling series about a forensic pathologist who teams up with a police detective to catch killers in Paris.
- Midsomer Murders: A classic series about a veteran detective who investigates murders in a seemingly idyllic English county.