Are you ready for another season of murder, mystery and mayhem with your favorite crime-writing sisters and their niece? Well, you better be because we have some exciting news about the Acorn TV series Queens of Mystery Season 3. Here’s everything we know so far about the third installment of this quirky and charming series.
Queens of Mystery Season 3 Plot: What’s next?
The plot of season 3 is still under wraps, but we can expect more intriguing cases for the Stone family to solve in the picturesque village of Wildemarsh. In season 2, we saw Matilda deal with her mother’s disappearance, Cat face her past, and Beth uncover a dark secret. What new challenges and mysteries will they face in season 3? Will they finally find out what happened to Eleanor Stone? Will Matilda and Daniel get together? Will Cat and Jane ever stop bickering? And will Aunt Vivienne be a help or a hindrance to their investigations? We can’t wait to find out!
Queens of Mystery Season 3 Cast: Who’s in it?
The cast of season 3 will feature some familiar faces and some new ones. Of course, we’ll see the return of the fabulous four: Olivia Vinall as Detective Sergeant Matilda Stone, Julie Graham as Cat Stone, Sarah Woodward as Beth Stone, and Siobhan Redmond as Jane Stone. They will be joined by Martin Trenaman as Inspector Thorne, Andrew Leung as Dr Daniel Lynch, Michael Elcock as PC Terry Foster, and Juliet Stevenson as the Narrator.
Joining the cast in season 3 are some exciting new faces, including Julie Graham as the sisters’ estranged Aunt Vivienne and Nigel Planer as the eccentric and enigmatic archaeologist, Roland Kingsley. Other notable additions include Sarah Woodward as DCI Caroline Finch and Emma Fielding as the mysterious and alluring Harriet Shaw.
- Olivia Vinall as Detective Sergeant Matilda Stone
- Julie Graham as Cat Stone
- Sarah Woodward as Beth Stone
- Siobhan Redmond as Jane Stone
- Martin Trenaman as Inspector Thorne
- Andrew Leung as Dr Daniel Lynch
- Michael Elcock as PC Terry Foster
- Juliet Stevenson as the Narrator
- Julie Graham as Aunt Vivienne
- Nigel Planer as Roland Kingsley
- Sarah Woodward as DCI Caroline Finch
- Emma Fielding as Harriet Shaw
Will there be Queens of Mystery Season 3?
Unfortunately, No. Since the makers have yet to renew the famous series, much to the delight of fans, The end of the last season left us with quite a lot of characters with big possibilities. The series has been praised for its witty writing, charming characters, and clever mysteries. It was also nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series in 2021.
Queens of Mystery Season 3 Release Date: Speculation!
As of now, there is no release window of season 3 of Queens of Mystery by Acorn TV, but we can make some educated guesses based on previous seasons. Season 1 premiered on April 8, 2019, while season 2 premiered on November 29, 2021. Assuming a similar gap between seasons, we can expect season 3 to arrive sometime in late 2023 or early 2024. Of course, this is just speculation and we’ll have to wait for an official announcement from Acorn TV.
Queens of Mystery Season 3 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
Unfortunately, there is no trailer or teaser for Queens of Mystery Season 3 yet. But don’t worry; we’ll keep you updated as soon as one drops. In the meantime, you can watch the trailer for season 2 below and catch up on the previous episodes on Acorn TV.
Similar Shows Like Queens of Mystery
If you love Queens of Mystery and can’t get enough of cozy mysteries with a dash of humor and romance, here are some similar shows you might enjoy:
- Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators: A former detective and an ex-hairdresser team up to solve crimes in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- The Chelsea Detective: A retired Scotland Yard detective moves to Chelsea and becomes a private investigator.
- Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries: The niece of Phryne Fisher follows in her footsteps and becomes a fearless detective in 1960s Melbourne.
- Murder in Provence: A Parisian lawyer returns to her hometown in Provence and gets involved in solving murders with the local police.