Are you ready for another round of hilarious adventures in the sunny resort of Acapulco? If you are a fan of the Apple TV+ comedy series Acapulco, you must be eagerly waiting for the third season to drop. Well, we have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is that Acapulco has been renewed for season 3 by Apple TV+. The bad news is that we don’t know when it will premiere. But don’t worry, we have gathered all the information we could find about Acapulco season 3 and compiled it in this article. So sit back, relax, and enjoy reading everything we know so far about Acapulco season 3.
How Many Seasons Does Acapulco Have?
Acapulco is a comedy series created by Austin Winsberg, Eduardo Cisneros, and Jason Shuman. It is inspired by the 2017 movie How to Be a Latin Lover, starring Eugenio Derbez. The series follows the exploits of a young man named Máximo Gallardo (Enrique Arrizon), who works as a cabana boy at a luxury resort in Acapulco in 1984. He dreams of becoming the next Latin lover and finding his true love. The series also features flash-forwards to the present day, where an older Máximo (Derbez) narrates his story to his nephew Hugo (Alejandro Speitzer).
Acapulco premiered on Apple TV+ on October 8, 2021. It received positive reviews from critics and audiences, who praised its humor, cast, and nostalgia. The first season consisted of 10 episodes, each about 30 minutes long. The second season was announced on January 14, 2022, and premiered on April 7, 2023. It also had 10 episodes of similar length. On April 24, 2023, Apple TV+ renewed Acapulco for a third season.
What is the Ending of Acapulco?
The second season of Acapulco ended with a cliffhanger that left fans wondering what will happen next. In the finale episode, titled “The Wedding”, Máximo finally confessed his feelings to Julia (Camila Perez), the daughter of the resort owner Mr. Carillo (Rafael Cebrián). However, he also learned that Julia was engaged to marry Rodrigo (José Ron), a rich and handsome businessman who had been courting her for a while. Máximo decided to crash the wedding and stop Julia from making a mistake. He arrived at the church just in time to see Julia walking down the aisle with Rodrigo. He shouted “I object!” and declared his love for Julia in front of everyone. Julia looked shocked and confused, while Rodrigo looked angry and betrayed. The episode ended with a freeze-frame of Máximo’s face as he awaited Julia’s response.
Is Acapulco coming back in 2023?
Yes, Acapulco is coming back in 2023 for a third season. Apple TV+ announced the renewal of the series on April 24, 2023, just after the second season finale aired. The announcement was accompanied by a video featuring Derbez and Arrizon celebrating the news and thanking the fans for their support. They also teased that season 3 will be “bigger and better” than ever.
Will there be an Acapulco Season 3?
Yes, there will be an Acapulco season 3. Apple TV+ has confirmed that the series will return for a third season in 2023. However, the exact release date has not been revealed yet. Based on the previous seasons’ schedules, we can expect Acapulco season 3 to premiere sometime in October or November 2023.
Acapulco Season 3 Release Date: Speculation!
Apple TV+ has not announced an official release date for Acapulco Season 3 yet, but we can make some educated guesses based on the previous seasons. The first season premiered on October 8, 2021, and the second season premiered on October 21, 2022. Assuming that the production schedule remains consistent, we can expect Acapulco Season 3 to premiere sometime in October 2023. Of course, this is just speculation, and we will update you as soon as we hear any official news from Apple TV+.
Acapulco Season 3 Plot: What’s next?
Acapulco Season 3 will continue to follow the rags-to-riches story of Maximo Gallardo, a successful mogul living in Malibu who narrates his humble beginnings as a pool boy at Las Colinas Resort in Acapulco in 1984. In the second season finale, we saw Maximo get a second chance at Las Colinas and Julia learn to go after what she wants. We also saw Sara receive a potentially life-changing offer and Nora face a difficult decision between Emilio and Esteban. What will happen to these characters in the third season? Will Maximo finally win Julia’s heart? Will Sara pursue her dreams? Will Nora find true love? And what new challenges and opportunities will arise for Maximo and his friends at Las Colinas? We can’t wait to find out!
Acapulco Season 3 Cast: Who’s in it?
The main cast of Acapulco Season 3 will likely remain the same as the previous seasons, with some possible additions and guest stars. Here’s a list of the main cast members and their roles:
- Eugenio Derbez as Maximo Gallardo Ramos (present day), a successful mogul living in Malibu who has a rags-to-riches story.
- Jaime Camil as Alejandro, the brother of one of the wealthiest men in Mexico and a new co-owner of Las Colinas who makes his co-owner Diane Davies’s life miserable at the hotel.
- Enrique Arrizon as Maximo Gallardo Ramos (1984), a working-class young man who has dreamed of working at Las Colinas Resort and works as a pool boy.
- Damián Alcázar as Don Pablo Bonilla (1984), Head of Operations at Las Colinas Resort who Maximo idolises since he also has a rags-to-riches story, he also becomes a mentor of Maximo and Memo.
- Camila Perez as Julia Gonzalez (1984), a receptionist at Las Colinas Resort, girlfriend of Chad and potential love interest of Maximo.
- Chord Overstreet as Chad Davies (1984), a General Manager at Las Colinas Resort, boyfriend of Julia and son of Diane.
- Vanessa Bauche as Nora Gallardo Ramos (1984), the widowed mother of Maximo and Sara who works as a cleaner, potential love interest of Emilio and Esteban and future abuela of Hugo.
- Regina Reynoso as Sara Gallardo Ramos (1984), Maximo’s sister and future mother of Hugo.
- Raphael Alejandro as Hugo Gallardo Ramos (present day), Maximo’s nephew who lives with him in Malibu.
- Fernando Carsa as Memo (1984), a working-class young man and best friend of Maximo who works in laundry at Las Colinas Resort.
- Hemky Madera as Memo (present day), an older version of Memo who lives in Mexico.
- Rodrigo Urquidi as Augusto (1984), a pool boy at Las Colinas Resort who is jealous of Maximo.
- Rossana De León as Adriana (1984), a pool girl at Las Colinas Resort who is friends with Maximo.
- Jessica Collins as Diane Davies (1984), Chad’s mother and owner of Las Colinas Resort.
- Rafael Cebrián as Hector (1984), a bartender at Las Colinas Resort who is friends with Maximo.
- Lupe (1984), a cook at Las Colinas Resort who is friends with Nora and often gives advice to Maximo and Sara.
- Emilio Rivera as Emilio (1984), a security guard at Las Colinas Resort who is interested in Nora.
- Esteban Benito as Esteban (1984), a gardener at Las Colinas Resort who is also interested in Nora.
- Carlos Ponce as Carlos Ponce (1984), a famous singer and actor who visits Las Colinas Resort and becomes a friend of Maximo.
- Paulina Rubio as Paulina Rubio (1984), a famous singer and actress who visits Las Colinas Resort and becomes a friend of Maximo.
- Luis Miguel as Luis Miguel (1984), a famous singer and actor who visits Las Colinas Resort and becomes a rival of Maximo.
These are some of the cast members who will appear in Acapulco Season 3, which promises to be full of comedy, romance, drama and adventure. Acapulco Season 3 will premiere on Apple TV+ in 2023. Don’t miss it!
Where can to Watch Acapulco?
Acapulco is an Apple TV+ original series, which means you can only watch it on the streaming platform. Apple TV+ is available on various devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, Vizio Smart TV, and Xbox.
Acapulco Season 3 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
There is no official trailer for Acapulco Season 3 yet, but we expect one to drop soon. The show was renewed for a third season in January 2023, so it’s likely that production is already underway or will start soon. The first season premiered on October 8, 2021, and the second season premiered on October 21, 2022, so we can assume that the third season will follow a similar pattern and debut in October 2023. In the meantime, you can watch the trailers for the first and second seasons on Apple TV+’s YouTube channel.
Similar Shows Like Acapulco Season 3
If you love Acapulco and can’t wait for more episodes, you might want to check out some similar shows that will make you laugh and keep you entertained. Here are some suggestions:
- The Good Place: This fantasy comedy series explores what happens after we die. Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell) wakes up in the Good Place, a heaven-like utopia run by Michael (Ted Danson), but soon realizes she doesn’t belong there. She tries to hide her flaws and learn how to be a good person with the help of her soulmate Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and other residents.
- Modern Family: This mockumentary sitcom follows the lives of three different but related families: the Pritchetts, the Dunphys, and the Tucker-Pritchetts. They deal with various issues and situations in their own hilarious ways, while also showing their love and support for each other.
- Schitt’s Creek: This Canadian comedy series tells the story of the Roses, a wealthy family who lose everything and have to move to a rundown motel in a small town called Schitt’s Creek. They struggle to adapt to their new reality and cope with their eccentric neighbors, while also rediscovering themselves and their relationships.