Based on the Israeli series Kvodo, Your Honor follows a New Orleans judge who goes to extreme lengths to protect his son from the wrath of a mob boss after a fatal hit-and-run accident. The first season ended with a shocking cliffhanger that left viewers wondering what will happen next.
The second season continued the story with more suspense, action, and surprises, as the judge became an undercover agent to take down the mob while dealing with the consequences of his actions. Now, as the show prepares to wrap up its story with the third season, we have gathered everything we know so far about Your Honor Season 3. Read on to find out!
Your Honor Season 3 Plot: What’s next?
The second season of Your Honor ended with another jaw-dropping finale that left many questions unanswered. We saw Michael Desiato (Bryan Cranston) finally confront Jimmy Baxter (Michael Stuhlbarg), the mob boss whose son he killed in the first episode, and reveal his identity as the judge who sentenced him to life in prison. However, before Michael could shoot Jimmy, he was shot himself by an unknown assailant. Meanwhile, Lee Delamere (Carmen Ejogo), Michael’s lover and colleague, discovered that Adam Desiato (Hunter Doohan), Michael’s son who died in the first season finale, was actually alive and hiding in Mexico with the help of Big Mo (Andrene Ward-Hammond), a drug lord and former client of Michael. Lee decided to go after Adam and bring him back to justice, but she was ambushed by Big Mo’s men on her way. The season ended with Michael lying on the floor bleeding, Jimmy staring at him in shock, and Lee fighting for her life.
So, what can we expect from Your Honor Season 3? According to showrunner Peter Moffat, the third season will pick up right where the second season left off and will explore the aftermath of the events that transpired in the finale. He also teased that there will be more revelations, twists, and turns that will keep the viewers on the edge of their seats. He said in an interview with Deadline: “We have some really exciting ideas for Season 3 that I think will surprise people and take them to places they didn’t expect. We have some new characters that will add more layers and complexity to the story. We also have some loose ends that we need to tie up and some new ones that we will create. It’s going to be a very satisfying conclusion to this saga.”
Your Honor Season 3 Cast: Who’s in it?
The cast of Your Honor Season 3 will likely feature most of the main actors from the previous seasons, as well as some new faces. Here are some of the confirmed and expected cast members for Your Honor Season 3:
- Bryan Cranston as Michael Desiato: The Emmy-winning actor plays the lead role of Michael Desiato, a respected judge who becomes entangled in a web of lies and corruption after covering up his son’s crime. Cranston is best known for his roles in Breaking Bad, Malcolm in the Middle, and Trumbo.
- Michael Stuhlbarg as Jimmy Baxter: The Golden Globe-nominated actor plays Jimmy Baxter, a ruthless mob boss who seeks revenge for his son’s death. Stuhlbarg is known for his roles in A Serious Man, Call Me by Your Name, and The Shape of Water.
- Carmen Ejogo as Lee Delamere: The British actress plays Lee Delamere, a fellow judge and Michael’s lover who uncovers Adam’s survival and pursues him. Ejogo is known for her roles in Selma, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and True Detective.
- Andrene Ward-Hammond as Big Mo: The actress plays Big Mo, a powerful drug lord and former client of Michael who helps Adam escape to Mexico. Ward-Hammond is known for her roles in Manifest, Loving, and Clemency.
- Hunter Doohan as Adam Desiato: The actor plays Adam Desiato, Michael’s son who accidentally kills Jimmy’s son in a hit-and-run accident and fakes his own death with Big Mo’s help. Doohan is known for his roles in Truth Be Told, Westworld, and Soundwave.
- Lilli Kay as Fia Baxter: The actress plays Fia Baxter, Jimmy’s daughter who falls in love with Adam before learning his true identity. Kay is known for her roles in Paterno, Chambers, and The Sinner.
- Jimi Stanton as Carlo Baxter: The actor plays Carlo Baxter, Jimmy’s son who is imprisoned for a murder he didn’t commit and is later released by Michael. Stanton is known for his roles in The Punisher, Greyhound, and The Fosters.
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Charlie Figaro: The actor plays Charlie Figaro, Michael’s best friend and mentor who helps him cover up his son’s crime. Whitlock Jr. is known for his roles in The Wire, BlacKkKlansman, and Da 5 Bloods.
- Benjamin Flores Jr. as Eugene Jones: The actor plays Eugene Jones, a young witness who saw Adam hit Jimmy’s son and blackmails Michael. Flores Jr. is known for his roles in Ride Along, Game Shakers, and Transformers: The Last Knight.
- Keith Machekanyanga as Trey ‘Little Mo’ Monroe: The actor plays Trey ‘Little Mo’ Monroe, Big Mo’s nephew and right-hand man who assists Adam in Mexico. Machekanyanga is known for his roles in Dear White People, Sneaky Pete, and Queen of the South.
Some of the new cast members for Your Honor Season 3 include:
- Rosie Perez as Olivia Delmont: The Oscar-nominated actress plays Olivia Delmont, a tough and ambitious prosecutor who takes on Jimmy’s case and clashes with Michael. Perez is known for her roles in Do the Right Thing, White Men Can’t Jump, and Birds of Prey.
- Cullen Moss as Det. Rudy Cunningham: The actor plays Det. Rudy Cunningham, a corrupt cop who works for Jimmy and tries to sabotage Michael’s investigation. Moss is known for his roles in One Tree Hill, The Notebook, and Hidden Figures.
- David Maldonado as Lt. Brendan Cusack: The actor plays Lt. Brendan Cusack, a loyal and honest cop who leads the task force against the mob and supports Michael. Maldonado is known for his roles in Into the Storm, Deepwater Horizon, and Queen Sugar.
- Gavin ‘Chief’ Meredith as Chris: The actor plays Chris, a member of the Desire Gang, a rival drug cartel that challenges Big Mo’s territory and targets Adam. Meredith is known for his roles in NCIS: New Orleans, Claws, and Preacher.
Will there be Your Honor Season 3?
The legal drama Your Honor will conclude with its second season, as reported by TVLine. The show’s star Bryan Cranston revealed this in a 2022 interview with Dax Shepard on his Armchair Expert podcast, saying that it was “the second and last season of Your Honor”. Unlike his previous TV roles in Malcolm in the Middle and Breaking Bad, which were designed to run for multiple seasons, Cranston said that Your Honor had a finite story arc with a clear resolution.
Your Honor Season 3 Release Date: Speculation!
Showtime has not renewed the series for Your Honor Season 3 since the show is concluded in season 2, but this is just speculation. If the series is renewed, when will season 3 air, we can make some educated guesses based on the previous seasons’ schedules. The first season premiered on December 6, 2020 and ended on February 14, 2021. The second season premiered on January 15, 2023, and ended on March 19, 2023. Assuming that the production of the third season follows a similar timeline as the second season, we can expect Your Honor Season 3 to premiere sometime in early 2024, most likely in January or February.
Similar Shows Like Your Honor
If you love Your Honor and are looking for more shows like it, here are some suggestions that you might enjoy:
- Breaking Bad: This critically acclaimed drama series stars Bryan Cranston as Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher who turns to producing methamphetamine to secure his family’s future after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Along with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), Walter becomes involved in a dangerous world of crime and violence.
- The Night Of: This Emmy-winning miniseries stars Riz Ahmed as Nasir Khan, a Pakistani-American college student who is accused of murdering a young woman after a night of partying. John Turturro plays John Stone, a low-rent lawyer who defends Nasir in a complex legal system that is stacked against him.
- Ozark: This Netflix original series stars Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde, a financial advisor who moves his family to the Ozarks after laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel. Laura Linney plays Wendy Byrde, Marty’s wife who becomes involved in the local crime scene.