P Valley, the hit drama series that follows the lives of strip-club dancers working down in the Dirty Delta, you’re probably wondering when you can expect to see more of your favorite characters. The show, created by Katori Hall and based on her play Pussy Valley, has been praised for its authentic portrayal of the struggles and joys of the people who work at The Pynk, a strip club in the fictional city of Chucalissa, Mississippi. The show also features a diverse cast of actors, including Brandee Evans, Nicco Annan, J. Alphonse Nicholson, and Elarica Johnson.
The show premiered on Starz on July 12, 2020, and was renewed for a second season two weeks after its premiere. The second season premiered on June 3, 2022, and delivered more drama, romance, and surprises for the fans. In October 2022, the series was renewed for a third season.
But what can we expect from P Valley Season 3? When will it be released? Who will be in it? And what will happen next? Here’s everything we know so far about P Valley Season 3.
How Many Seasons Does P-Valley Have?
P Valley has two seasons so far, each consisting of nine episodes. The first season aired from July 12 to September 6, 2020. The second season aired from June 3 to August 5, 2022. The show has been renewed for a third season, but the number of episodes has not been announced yet.
What is the Ending of P Valley Season 2?
P Valley Season 2 ended with a lot of cliffhangers and twists that left the fans wanting more. Here are some of the major events that happened in the season finale:
- Uncle Clifford and Autumn finally managed to buy back The Pynk from Andre and his investors, thanks to Corbin’s help. However, they also had to deal with the consequences of killing Montavius, Autumn’s abusive ex-husband who tried to rob them in the first season finale.
- Mercedes and Patrice reconciled after Patrice was shot by her lover and former mayor Tydell Ruffin. Patrice also became the new mayor of Chucalissa after winning the election against Andre’s father.
- Miss Mississippi and Diamond got closer after he saved her from Derrick’s attack. Derrick was arrested for domestic violence and attempted murder, but he threatened to expose Miss Mississippi’s involvement in Montavius’ death if she didn’t bail him out.
- Lil Murda and Big Teak performed at The Pynk’s reopening party and got a record deal with a major label. However, Lil Murda also had to face his feelings for Uncle Clifford and decide whether he wanted to come out as bisexual or not.
- Andre left Chucalissa after losing his job and his marriage. He also learned that Autumn was pregnant with his child.
Will There Be a P Valley Season 3?
Yes, there will be a P Valley Season 3. Starz confirmed that the show will return for another season in 2023. However, the exact release date has not been revealed yet.
According to a Deadline article from May 2023, the production of “P-Valley” was put on hold due to the looming WGA Writer’s Strike. The show had completed its Season 3 scripts, but had not begun shooting.
The creator and showrunner of the series, Hall, explained her decision to delay filming, “We will not be filming until a fair deal is reached”.
The article also mentioned that there were speculations that filming had not started and Hall’s remarks referred to the writer’s room.
One fan caught Annan, with Annan in a classic car, the actor who plays Uncle Clifford on the show, was spotted in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It seems that Season 3 is in the making, as the car has rigs and camera equipment attached to it and a production crew follows it.
The video was posted by Instagram user @harmikamizunderstood.
Is P Valley Coming Back in 2023?
Yes, P Valley is coming back for a third season in 2023. Starz announced the renewal of the show on October 15, 2022, just two months after the second season finale. The network also released a teaser video that featured some of the cast members celebrating the news and thanking the fans for their support.
P Valley Season 3 Release Date: Speculation!
Since Starz has not announced the official release date for P Valley Season 3 yet, we can only speculate based on the previous seasons’ schedules. The first season premiered on July 12, 2020, and the second season premiered on June 3, 2022. Assuming that the production of the third season will follow a similar timeline, we can expect P Valley Season 3 to premiere sometime in late 2023.
However, this is just an estimation and it may change depending on various factors such as the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the availability of the cast and crew members, and other possible delays or complications.
P Valley Season 3 Plot: What’s next?
You’re probably dying to know what’s going to happen next in the drama-filled lives of the strippers, rappers, and hustlers of Chucalissa, Mississippi. Well, you’re in luck, because we have some juicy details about the upcoming third season of the hit Starz series.
The second season ended with a shocking cliffhanger, as Autumn Night (Elarica Johnson) shot and killed Montavius Hill (Cranston Johnson), her abusive ex-husband and the father of her deceased daughter, after he tried to rob The Pynk, the strip club where she works. Autumn then became the new co-owner of The Pynk, alongside Uncle Clifford (Nicco Annan), who had previously sold his share to Andre Watkins (Parker Sawyers), a lawyer working for a casino development company.
But Autumn’s troubles are far from over, as she will have to deal with the consequences of her actions, both legally and emotionally. She will also have to navigate her complicated relationship with Uncle Clifford, who is still in love with Lil Murda (J. Alphonse Nicholson), an aspiring rapper who broke up with him after his career took off.
Meanwhile, Mercedes (Brandee Evans), the former star dancer of The Pynk, will try to rebuild her life after losing her savings to her mother Patrice (Harriett D. Foy), who became the mayor of Chucalissa after exposing Mayor Ruffin’s (Isaiah Washington) corruption. Mercedes will also have to face her feelings for Diamond (Tyler Lepley), The Pynk’s bouncer and her protector.
And let’s not forget about Keyshawn (Shannon Thornton), aka Miss Mississippi, who became the new queen of The Pynk after winning a dance competition. She will have to balance her rising fame as an influencer with her personal struggles, such as her abusive boyfriend Derrick (Thomas Q. Jones) and her three kids.
The third season will also introduce some new characters, such as Big Teak (Morocco Omari), Lil Murda’s manager and mentor; Jupiter (Cmayla Neal), a young dancer who joins The Pynk; and Brazil (Chinet Scott), another new dancer who has a mysterious past.
P Valley Season 3 Cast: Who’s in it?
- Brandee Evans as Mercedes Woodbine
- Nicco Annan as Uncle Clifford Sayles
- Shannon Thornton as Keyshawn Harris / Miss Mississippi
- Elarica Johnson as Hailey Colton / Autumn Night / Lakeisha Savage
- J. Alphonse Nicholson as LaMarques / Lil Murda
- Parker Sawyers as Andre Watkins
- Harriett D. Foy as Patrice Woodbine
- Tyler Lepley as Diamond
- Dan J. Johnson as Corbin Kyle
- Isaiah Washington as Mayor Tydell Ruffin
- Morocco Omari as Big L Cmayla Neal as Jupiter
- Chinet Scott as Brazil
Where can to Watch P Valley?
If you’re wondering where you can watch P Valley, you have several options. The most obvious one is Starz, the network that produces and airs the show. You can watch it on Starz’s website or app, or through your cable or satellite provider.
But if you don’t have Starz, don’t worry, you can still watch P Valley on other platforms. For example, you can stream it on Hulu or Amazon Prime Video, but you will need to add Starz as an extra channel to your subscription. You can also buy or rent individual episodes or seasons on iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, or Vudu.
P Valley Season 3 Trailer: Is there a teaser?
Unfortunately, there is no trailer or teaser for P Valley Season 3 yet. But don’t despair, the show’s creator Katori Hall has promised that the new season will be worth the wait.
She tweeted: “We are working hard to make season 3 of #PValley the best one yet. Thank you for your patience and support. We love you all!” In the meantime, you can rewatch the first two seasons on Starz or catch up on some behind-the-scenes interviews with the cast and crew. P Valley Season 3 is expected to premiere in late 2023 or early 2024, so stay tuned for more updates and sneak peeks!
Similar Shows Like P Valley
Here are some recommendations that will keep you entertained and hooked:
- The Chi: This show follows the lives of several residents of Chicago’s South Side, as they deal with issues such as violence, crime, love, and family. The Chi has a diverse cast of characters and explores themes such as race, class, and identity.
- Pose: Set in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Pose showcases the underground ballroom culture of New York City, where LGBTQ+ people compete for trophies and recognition. The show also depicts the struggles and triumphs of the characters as they face discrimination, AIDS, and poverty.
- Claws: This show is a dark comedy about five women who work at a nail salon in Florida, but are also involved in a money laundering scheme with a local crime boss. Claws features a lot of humor, drama, and action, as well as strong female characters who are not afraid to break the rules.
- Star: This show follows three talented singers who form a girl group and try to make it big in the music industry. Along the way, they face many challenges and obstacles, such as rivalry, betrayal, addiction, and abuse. Star is a musical drama that showcases the highs and lows of fame and fortune.
- Insecure: This show is a comedy that revolves around two best friends, Issa and Molly, who are navigating their personal and professional lives in Los Angeles. Insecure is a witty and relatable show that tackles topics such as dating, career, friendship, and self-esteem.