The third season of “Lupin” is on its way. You can read everything you need to know about the Lupin Season 3 new episodes here.
Assane Diop (Omar Sy) has cleared his father’s name and brought justice, but “Lupin” isn’t over yet: the master thief returns with a third installment. However, Netflix has made a big mystery out of the start date. In the meantime, however, it is officially known when it will continue.
Lupin Season 3 Release Date: When will it continue?
For a whole day, Netflix left “Lupin” fans pondering when the master thief will report back on the streaming platform. In the meantime, it is known: Season 3 officially starts on October 5, 2023 (via Instagram):
As can be read in the post’s comments, however, the audience’s disappointment is great. After all, the code “310250!” could be found on the Netflix page, which gave reason to believe that “Lupin” season 3 could have started as early as May. We explain it briefly: First, delete the 3 and the 2 from the code because that means the year (20)23. Since the numbers 3 and 2 were already mixed up, we could assume that we could also randomly mix up the four remaining numbers. There is no 50th day or month, so it was clear that either May or the 05th day is meant. So that left three possible dates for “Lupin” Season 3:
- May 1, 2023 (“01.05.23!”)
- May 10, 2023 (“05/10/23!”)
- October 5, 2023 (“05.10.23!”)
Since the first trailer for Part 3 went online half a year ago and billboards with the non-existent date appeared everywhere in Europe (via Instagram), fans (and also we) speculated that October would be a bit far to stir the advertising drum now. To the annoyance of the viewers, however, precisely that has been confirmed.
Lupin Season 3 Plot: What happens in Lupin Part 3?
Assane finally cleared his father’s name at the end of Part 2, which is all he wanted. But since the police still want him, fans can prepare for new adventures and tricky mix-ups. What will happen in part 3 of “Lupin”, as the first teaser already suggests? Assane is back in Paris and is celebrated as a hero by the nation but is still wanted by the police. The master thief may have returned for his family but already promises in the teaser that he will disappear forever with a bang.
Lupin Season 3 Cast: Will Omar Sy Return?
Let me tell you about some of the amazing actors and actresses who will be part of the cast of Lupin season 3, the thrilling French series on Netflix:
- Omar Sy as Assane Diop, the charming and clever master of disguise inspired by Arsène Lupin, the gentleman thief.
- Soufiane Guerrab as Youssef Guedira, aka Ganimard, the persistent detective obsessed with catching Assane and who shares his admiration for Lupin.
- Ludivine Sagnier as Claire, the beautiful and loyal ex-girlfriend of Assane and the mother of his son Raoul.
- Etan Simon as Raoul, the intelligent and brave son of Assane and Claire, who gets involved in his father’s adventures.
- Antoine Gouy as Benjamin Ferel, the nerdy and funny best friend of Assane and his accomplice in his heists.
- Vincent Londez as Captain Romain Laugier, the arrogant and ambitious leader of the police team that pursues Assane.
- Shirine Boutella as Lt. Sofia Belkacem, the young and talented policewoman who works with Laugier and has a crush on Guedira.
But that’s not all! We will also see some familiar faces from the previous seasons, such as:
- Hervé Pierre as Hubert Pellegrini, is the powerful and ruthless businessman behind the death of Assane’s father, Babakar and his main enemy.
- Clotilde Hesme as Juliette Pellegrini, Hubert’s rebellious and seductive daughter and an old flame of Assane.
- Fargass Assandé as Babakar, the kind and honest father of Assane, who Pellegrini framed for stealing a priceless necklace.
- Vincent Garanger as Commissioner Gabriel Dumont, the corrupt and cowardly police chief who works for Pellegrini.
And if you think that’s enough, think again! The show’s creator, George Kay, revealed to Metro that there would be some new characters in season 3 that will spice things up even more. He said:
“It’ll be a fresh start in Part 3 with new characters, retaining a lot of the regular cast, but with a new branch of characters.”George Kay
So get ready for more action, suspense, romance and surprises in Lupin season 3, coming soon on Netflix!
Lupin Season 3 Trailer: Is there a trailer?
Netflix has released a first teaser trailer for the Lupin Part 3 starring Omar Sy.
Lupin Storyline and Background
Assane Diop (Omar Sy) works his way m with small jobs as a cleaner in the Louvre. Day in and day out, he gazes at the paintings and works of art worth millions but lives in modest circumstances himself.
His father was once convicted over 25 years ago for a crime he never committed. He was framed for theft, but Assane suspects wealthy businessman Pellegrini (Hervé Pierre) as the real culprit. His father died a short time later, before which the father gave his offspring a book about the masterful “gentleman crook” Arsène Lupin. Inspired by the popular novel character, Assane decides not only to enrich himself overnight with a cunning plan but the art of transformation by several million. At the same time, he wants to clear his father’s name and take late revenge finally.
In a cat-and-mouse game with the police (Soufiane Guerrab), Assane must now protect himself from getting his head out of the noose.
Lupin – Background
In 1905, Frenchman Maurice Leblanc created the fictional character Arsène Lupin, who has always enjoyed great popularity, especially in France. Several books, film adaptations, and comic book adaptations followed – and now Netflix is preparing the “Lupin” series, in which a modern-day gentleman crook will act in the manner of the master thief.
It stars French superstar Omar Sy (“Pretty Best Friends”), with Hervé Pierre, Soufiane Guerrab, Ludivine Sagnier, Vincent Londez, Clotilde Hesme and Nicole Garcia in other roles. The French series was developed by George Kay (“Criminal”) and François Uzan (“Joint Venture”). On January 8, 2021, “Lupin” will launch on the streaming service Netflix. Part 2 will be released on June 11, 2021.